Friday, October 12, 2012

Why I hate B school interviews!

Last evening somene told me, its summer time. It felt weird then I realized I was talking to a b school guy. Things got revisited in a flash!
Panel for job interviews are weird. They ask cliched questions and expect out of the blue answers. HR managers suck. Other line managers suck more.
Corporate jungle stinks. But this is where I live. B school interviews are far more terrible than engineering college interviews. This is why, I say so:
1. First of all, I don't understand why everybody gets a facial? I have always thought about it but never could fathom the reason. Girls doing it is alright. They anyway do it. Alright, they even change their hair do. But that's also not very rare for them. Okay, agreed they wear 'good' clothes to. But why on earth does the ugliest lad of the batch with maximum facial and other kind of hair goes for the facial. That is not going to add to your non existent sex appeal. Pretty guys are pukish to look at. I mean there is Ranbir Kapoor, I know but he is barely a guy. Girls rule!! End of the story.
2. Why do poeple cry? It's very amusing in a bad way to see people cry. Include the 'Machos' of the batch too. Damsels truly enjoy it. The crying part I mean. I have enjoyed it. The watching part, I mean. Have seen my seniors, my batchmates and almost myself do that. That is funny. That too when people know they are anyway going to land a job. I truly like the after GD conversations. They are humourous again in a dark way. Suddenly, everyone's bad. Cruel world!!
3. Why do people tell the saddest stories in response to 'tell me something about yourself'? I haven't heard but I am sure they do. Ha ha, each and every one of us have a sad story which either comes out post drinking or during interviews. Sad is bad but sells well apparently. At least, we think so.
4. I don't like people changing body languages. The minute before the damsel in distress was surrounded by three placecommers, five PPO holders and several onlookers from the junior batch, all trying to give her their bit of mind and the moment that offer comes, Ms. Vulnerable of all a sudden becomes Ms. I'm so confident. Another PPO holder and a distant onlooker gruntles in disgust from a distance and carries on with the smoke.
5. And I truly don't know why people don't give great interviews in the first place. VKG is god. Give great interviews, get selected. At least respect yourselves. Offers would follow!
I thank my Placecomm for all the assist in all the baskets I scored on field. Offense, none meant to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment