Thursday, December 9, 2010

Orkut----Facebook-----Tweet is sweet-----The big Daddy Blogosphere:Part 1

Hey, remember me! I am Orkut! I truly shook your life but that was once upon a time and not now. Good old days were they. The whole world was crazy about me. Everyone wanted me. Things change very fast these days. From being the most wanted I became the most used and then overused and then like a prostitute who has done her first two three years of fame, I was side lined by most of my customers. They still are there but only for the name sake. Like those cheating top business executives who do get married to a ever present in the malls/market/club/spa wife, but never have sex with them after the last of the kids are born. They do come home, usually late in the night, usually not hungry for food and you know what and they settle down with a glass of scotch and then read some boring stuff before turning off the table light on their side of the bed and pretending to sleep. Eyes open yet dreaming about the last- half of their age- girl who joined their office at the entry level. You guys have also started behaving in the same way. Once in a day or in a week or in a month, you guys do log in to check on me or to check on the photos of your ex who is not in your friend's list. I do give more liberty to browse in other's people life. For that very thin you do log in from time to time but that's the end of our relationship as far as I feel. No longer do you spend those long hours like before, sometime round the clock as well. I have gained weight. I am no longer the young, attractive and most importantly the "unexplored" thing in your life. Simple but brutal, you have had enough of me. And not that I didn't try to renew myself, reinvent rather. I tried everything possible. Like those in their forties housewives do. They go to the parlours, go for a variety of skin tightening sessions, botox and I don't know what all. But do they help? Not really except they end up having some short term affairs with men much younger and way way frustrated. Similarly, even I tried to all that. I gave you new themes for a lovely background. A new layout on the screen, new folders to store your photos, more space for better quality and what not. Did it help? No it did not. I was a fool, I never realized how you all slipped away. I don't know how many of you found your lost love through me but do you ever bloody acknowledge. Why would you? I have overheard people saying stuff like-'What? You still are on orkut!' As if its a matter of shame to be registered on orkut. But that's how things are right now. And I know the new thing you guys left me for. I now the race to be really upmarket and urban. I know you guys seek more privacy now for many of you have multitude of relationships and all should be handled with enough privacy. I understand all that but let me warn you of something! There will be a day that my substitute, the other woman is gonna face the same fate and that day would arrive faster than it arrived for me. Today, facebook is not here to share her story with you because she is busy handling her new found attention. Who does not like to be the show stopper in a fashion show? I know my days are over, but who knows I still may have a few people coming back. There are people who have a thing for the older women, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. Very very nice comparison.. but were we ever in a real relationship with orkut? It was always a fad and hence had to go. Same with facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats-Off! Hands-Down Winner! Very well written and the subtle innuendos and analogies were at times eye-brow raising..I love the last line most ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ debo: i think we were,at some point in time or other....but didn't last..we are faster than the technology...
    @subid.....i thought i went over the line....ur words r sure a comfort :)

    ReplyDelete