Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Road less traveled


Sometimes, I feel guilty to be living where I do. The place is not pretty and dust free. Even I am not allergic to dust but it matters. Doesn't it? New things have crept in ever so seamlessly in our system that we are always looking outwards. Too much extraversion, if I may say so. Never thought this one dimension of leadership parameter would change people so much around me. So much so that introversion is considered to be sinful. As a blot rather! We have started to hate homes. Especially, if we have to enjoy. Home-made food is such a rarity that people get notified on FB for the same. Comes tagged with a :) ' Had ghar ka khana..thanks  XYZ, ABC, DEF and... XYZ for the amazing nostalgic weekend'. Huh! What a stage to be in. 

Feelings and expressions have too much visibility. Hey, what is on my mind? Let me think of something nice and tweet about it. Checklists are checked and okay-ed online. It just stills in a sense of sickness all over. I don't know the reason for it but I have to agree Mark Zuckerberg is more of a social scientist than a developer. Talking of everything which is without a consequence and keeping mum about all that is important is the in thing. These 'in things', I tell you can be real dangerous. They sort of kill people in the way they shouldn't let themselves die. All of us are getting away from the real we. We are wanna be Barneys, Joes, and other characters we see on TV. The fictitious has taken over the real. 

I have I don't know so many pals here. I don't say hello to most of them. I don't even remember their faces. They are on my list. My networking has to be good. Thats what they told me. I believed them too. I have been longing for a place where people are identified with the colour and gates their houses have and not their numbers. The blue house with the grey gate right beside the biggest grocery shop in town belongs to Amit. Something like that. A place where no kid gets lost in the crowd. There is always someone to identify his mother and to bring him back to her. 

The fight about progression to look ahead and outwards; to not let oneself be restricted. It’s a flat world after all. I don't know really! I fear I have come a little too far for my comfort. Hasn't everyone done so? "God I will miss u ..... Bangalore". Not many years ago, we missed people, we loved them, though we never told them, they knew and we knew that they would know. We had the eyes worth a thousand words. When we spoke, words meant the world. The art and facility of expression has diluted our most powerful weapon. Haven't we abused it enough? 

I am no revolutionary. Neither am I a missionary. Nor am I different. I am one of us. But there are times when I think I came too far. The road meant to travel less has been overused and the one meant to be romped has been untraveled. All I seek right now is the road less traveled!

No comments:

Post a Comment