Sunday, August 15, 2010

Of mothers

Of Mothers
Slipping down in the abyss of affection, I was wondering will life always be like this. Probably at 5 years of age this was one of the improbable thoughts to have struck me. I prayed to the god who I asked for almost everything ranging from a small candy(which my mother could always afford) to a four rupee bottle of Thums Up(which was totally out of budget)one more time."Never make my mummy old”. Praying has got immense powers of smoothening (allow me the authors’ liberty) concerns specially if the heart is clean and motive is innocent. I at once felt my prayers were going to be heard and registered high on "his" list. My mother was the prettiest woman I ever saw. Well, she still is, just that at times she has competition from someone quite younger than her. While I used to be busy capturing every corner of her lap, she would ask me at times, “You know will grow old and my hair will grey someday"."No! It won't happen because I will always be a kid, so you will always be how you are today”, I used to assure her and myself with lot of confidence. After all I had prayed! After so many years I feel there is a god, because even though I grayed pre maturely, my mother still looks the same. The prayers were heard. Love is something which we all discover about as soon as we get that first touch from our mothers. Although we hardly remember that first touch of immense love, which is so cruel of nature. This goes to all our" would be spouses" that the reason why we love them has to be our mothers. Spouses are a difficult breed to handle after all. Lot of us know it already, and for those who are still to bite the chilly, I’m sure enough you will do it soon enough to realize the factual authenticity of my statement. A mother and a child have a mutual liking which is funny and inexplicable at the same time. The child finds his/her mother the most beautiful and vice versa. If we actually believe in this hypothesis, there would be billions of "miss worlds" every moment living on this planet. However, the good part is there are. That is what people call the feeling which exceeds love, which exceeds the vocabulary. We must be thankful to whomever for giving us all eyes to express. They come very handy in such situations. When I was scared in the middle of those nights or was acting to be, my mother would just engulf me with her protective cover. Arms which were weak and short by normal definition, would seem to have all the power to resist any force and I would quietly just hold them as I spiraled away in slumber. Can the NSG make one sleep like that? I’m not seeking an answer, just reiterating on more time without any tolerances! This is the fourth straight day, I haven't slept properly. Guess I need similar prayers and cover. I hope he still puts them high on "his" list.

1 comment:

  1. fod dia....

    emotional, relational and philosophical stuff...:
    :)

    ReplyDelete